“Reading gives us someplace to go
when we have to stay where we are.”
Are you a voracious reader who is always reading at least 1 book?
Then, you’ll L-O-V-E today’s holiday wish list item!
It’s small, lightweight, and perfect for travelers and avid readers.
Can you guess what it is?
WISH LIST IDEA: DAY 3
If you’ve traveled, then you know it comes with a lot of “hurry up and wait.”
If you’re flying, you’re told to arrive 1-2 hours before your flight to allow enough time to check in with the airline, check your luggage (unless you’re traveling with just a carryon), go through security, and find your gate.
Once at the gate, you have to wait until its time to board. And in the event that your flight is delayed for some reason, you have to wait even more. Ugh 😛
Then, you have to find some way to amuse yourself during the flight.
If you’re traveling by train or bus, the same thing applies: you have LOTS of time to fill.
A great tool to help pass the time is an eReader. One of the most popular brands is Amazon Kindle.
- The thinnest and lightest Kindle ever–read even more comfortably for hours
- All-new ergonomic design with dedicated buttons to effortlessly turn the page
- Longest Kindle battery life–the included leather charging cover can boost battery to months (about 2 months, according to Consumer Reports)
- A variety of color options: black, merlot, or walnut removable cover.
- High-resolution 300 PPI display with crisp, laser-quality text. Reads like real paper without glare, even in direct sunlight.
- Enhanced built-in adjustable light evenly illuminates the screen for perfect reading anywhere, anytime Check current price
The most notable feature: the battery life. It’s months vs. hours. For me, that’s a great selling point!
The only downside, in my opinion, is the high price. I would feel a little uncomfortable asking for something this expensive as a gift (but that’s just me).
If you’d feel the same, don’t worry. All hope is not lost!
There’s a comparable but less expensive option.
“Though the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is slightly heavier and has a shorter charge, its a solid second choice at less than half the price.”
– Kevin Doyle, executive editor of Consumer Reports (October 2016 issue)
Mr. Doyle’s quote says it all – it’s a great but affordable e-reader that offers high-quality alternative to the Kindle Oasis.
- Available in black or white
- Higher resolution display (300 PPI) with twice as many pixels
- Built-in adjustable light – read day and night
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Massive selection, lowest prices – over a million titles $2.99 or less Check current price
Again, the battery life of this model is weeks vs. hours. That’s an important feature and great selling point for electronics.
Both of the above Kindles are good. The choice really depends on the budget of the gift giver.
Ok. We’re now 3 days into “The 12 Days of Travel” with 9 left to go.
Have you added any of these items to your holiday wish list? If so, which one(s)? Please share your thoughts in the Comments below. ⇓
And in case you missed them, here are links to Day 1 and Day 2:
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 1: Experiences vs. Things
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 2: Bobble Water Bottle
A Traveling Broad