penny more, but I'll get a commission that helps me run this blog. Please see my DISCLOSURE for more information.
“If it wasn’t for pickpockets, I’d have no sex life at all.”
– Rodney Dangerfield
(Rodney Dangerfield sure had a way with words, didn’t he?!)
Although this quote is funny, pickpockets (and thieves) are a common threat when traveling, especially abroad.
They can be found just about anywhere; however, they’re more likely to be in large cities and popular tourist destinations where there are crowds of distracted people.
The funny thing is, pickpockets and thieves usually don’t look like what you think they’d look like. They’re often very well-dressed and attractive (such as those portrayed by Will Smith and Margot Robbie in the movie “Focus”).
So far, I’ve never been the victim of a pickpocket (knock on wood) and hopefully never will be. However, neither one of us is immune to pickpockets…unless we are prepared.
The keys to becoming pickpocket-proof:
- Being aware of your surroundings, and
- Protecting your belongings.
Today’s wish list idea is for the ladies. (If you’re reading this but you’re not a lady, I’m sure a family member, friend, or your spouse would like it).
WISH LIST IDEA: DAY 7
- Made of soft and durable polyester with a hidden, slash-proof, chain link construction
- Adjustable cable-reinforced cut-proof shoulder strap
- Zippered compartments lock with lobster claw clasps
- Roomy main compartment with pockets for organization, card slots, wall pocket, pen loop, and removable LED light
- RFID-blocking card and passport slots so thieves can’t scan your sensitive personal information
- Available in a variety of colors and a leopard pattern
Fanny packs and similar types of bags scream “tourist,” but the Travelon Anti-Theft Messenger Bag is fashionable and looks just like a regular purse.
Unlike a regular purse, however, this bag has a variety of safety features to help protect you from pickpockets and thieves. I especially like the cable-reinforced cut-proof strap and slash-proof purse body.)
I also like the external side pockets which are ideal for carrying a small bottle of water, compact umbrella, or sunglasses.
If this bag style doesn’t appeal to you, Travelon offers a variety of other styles with the same anti-theft features.
Now, we’re down to 5 days remaining in The 12 Days of Travel.
To recap, here are links to the previous 6 days of gift ideas:
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 1: Experiences vs. Things
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 2: Bobble Water Bottle
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 3: e-Readers
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 4: Camera Sling Backpack
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 5: Travel Silicone Bottles with Lanyard
- The 12 Days of Travel – Day 6: Microfiber Towel
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Day 8’s gift idea!
Wishing you awesome travels,
A Traveling Broad