There’s nothing better than a good glass of wine (except, maybe, chocolate…and sex). This weekend, the driving will be minimal because I’m going to the Virginia Wine Festival in The Plains, Virginia.
Each year, more than 50 premiere wineries from across Virginia are coming together to showcase their wines. Boy, does that save a lot of driving to wineries!
There’s something for everyone…
- Tastings from the participating Virginia wineries
- Discounted tickets and free water or soda for designated drivers & teens
- Free seminars to help you broaden your knowledge and understanding of wine and wine culture
- Private gourmet food and wine pairings
- An opportunity to experience what its like to be a wine judge at the “You Be the Judge” Tasting Tent
- Live music
- Delicious specialty foods
- A variety of artisans and retailers
- Discounts for tickets purchased in advance, as well as for active duty military and senior citizens (65+)
The Annual Virginia Wine Festival – What to Know Before You Go:
- Bring your ID (you WILL be carded) and your ticket, if you purchased it in advance *tickets are available at the gate as well).
- Bring your own water and food (if you want to save a few bucks).
- Make sure its in plastic containers (no glass containers allowed).
- Be prepared for the weather as the event will be held rain or shine. Check the weather forecast before heading out and throw an umbrella in the car just in case.
- Bring your kids if you like. There will be a huge “children’s area” with giant inflatables, a balloon lady, face painting, and more!
- Enjoy all that the festival has to offer.
- Bring outside alcohol or anything in glass containers (your cooler WILL be searched).
- Bring your dog. No pets are allowed. (Sorry, Fido!)
- Drink and drive! Take a cab, the Worries Free Shuttle, or Party DC. (It’s best to arrange for your ride in advance, if possible; better yet, bring a designated driver!)
VIRGINIA WINE FESTIVAL
5089 Tavern Road
The Plains, VA 20198
Get a list of DC's FREE Museums
With more FREE museums than probably any major city in the U.S., Washington, DC, offers locals and visitors alike a budget-friendly way to enjoy art, history, and culture.
Get a list of DC's free museums (complete with their address and links to their websites) so you can plan your 1st - or next - visit to Washington, DC!