Another week behind us, another week closer to Spring 🌼 (yay!)
Hard to believe that this time last year, life as we knew it was on the verge of a major change.
Wearing masks, social distancing, and constant use of hand sanitizer has become normal parts of our daily lives. It’s been a tough 12 months for sure!
In light of that, in this week’s email, I’m focusing on all the good news in travel and hospitality.
Here’s what you need to know:
😷 COVID-19 UPDATES
- On-Site COVID Testing in the DC Area – Great news for anyone who takes flights out of DC metro area airports (me 🙋♀️). Beginning in mid-March, both Dulles (IAD) and Reagan National (DCA) airports will begin offering on-site COVID tests. Provided through Xpresscheck, testing sites will be located before the TSA checkpoints at both airports. Insurance may cover tests; however, travelers without insurance can get rapid COVID tests (with immediate test results) for $200 or PCR tests (with results taking 1-3 days) for $75.
- New At-Home COVID Testing for Delta Airlines Passengers – Effective March 5th, Delta is offering at-home tests for their U.S. passengers to help them satisfy the entry requirements of their destinations. Delta has partnered with Azova for the tests, which cost $119 per passenger or $115 when picked up at a Costco pharmacy; tests can also be ordered online. Azova recommends travelers order their test kits at least 2 weeks in advance. [NOTE: These tests are only for travelers heading to destinations outside the U.S.; they are not for passengers re-entering the U.S.]
- Eased Restrictions – In recent weeks, COVID restrictions have been eased and/or lifted in 9 states in the U.S. (Mississippi, Michigan, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wyoming, New York, and Iowa), allowing residents of those states to begin to return to normal – or the new normal. Eased/lifted restrictions range from mask mandates to indoor seating at restaurants and bars and more. For details, click here.
- Empty Middle Seats – Delta Airlines will continue to block middle seats on flights through April 30, 2021. They are also blocking selected aisle seats as well. This extended mandate makes them one of the last if not the last U.S. carrier to continue this safety measure for their passengers. (Thank you, Delta!)
🤪 JUST FOR FUN
- Must-Follow Instagram Accounts – If you want some entertainment, be sure to follow these 2 travel-related Instagram accounts (you’ll thank me later):
- TSA – This account is both fun and informative with entertaining posts, examples of crazy things TSA agents found at the security checkpoint, and more.
- Passenger Shaming – Started by a former flight attendant, known as the “curator of cringe,” this account shares real-life examples of what not to do on an airplane
Get a list of DC's FREE Museums
With more FREE museums than probably any major city in the U.S., Washington, DC, offers locals and visitors alike a budget-friendly way to enjoy art, history, and culture.
Get a list of DC's free museums (complete with their address and links to their websites) so you can plan your 1st - or next - visit to Washington, DC!