This weekend, you can find me at the DC Travel & Adventure Show. It’s my favorite event of the year and something I look forward to.
As a travel enthusiast, I enjoy getting travel tips, learning about destinations, talking to the vendors, and interacting with other attendees.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE TRAVEL SHOW
Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned traveler, attending the annual Travel & Adventure Show is a great way to “discover the world in one weekend, all under one roof.”
Each year, the show takes place over 2 days and features:
- Seminars from travel industry experts at the Savvy Travel Theater, Destination Theater, and the Travel Theater
- Information about over 200 destinations
- Live cooking demonstrations at the Taste of Travel Theater
- Singing and dancing on the Cultural Beats stage
- Special deals only available at the show
- The always fun Travel Channel photo booth
- Family-friendly activities including the rock wall and Segway rides
WHAT’S DIFFERENT THIS YEAR
I love attending this show every year, but this year, I have even more reason to be excited about attending.
- I’ll be going to the show on both days instead of just one day
- I’ll finally be meeting a fellow travel blogger in person (we’ve been talking online for over a year)
- I’ll be capturing the show with photos AND videos
- I’ll be meeting travel industry experts I’ve never met before
SEMINARS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO ATTENDING
The talks given by the travel industry experts are always entertaining and educational.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn from seasoned travelers. The knowledge that they share with show attendees is worth many times over the price of admission!
This year, the seminars I’m looking forward to attending are:
- Tips and Hacks for the Solo Traveler – I’m sure there are more solo trips in my future, so this info will be especially helpful
- The Niche Travel Approach: 11 Keys to Extraordinary Journeys – Who doesn’t want to experience an extraordinary journey?!
- Beyond the Cruise: The Inside Scoop on Alaska Adventures – A trip to Alaska (in the summer) is on my bucket list!
- How to Make Money & Save Money to Travel the World – The info from this seminar will help me get closer to my goal of location independence
- How to Travel Safely – important to know in today’s volatile world
- Travel Like a Pro: Packing Tips & Savvy Travel Tips – I always travel with just a carryon, so packing tips are always helpful
ATTEND A SHOW NEAR YOU
Each year, the Travel & Adventure Show has events in major cities across the U.S.
This year’s schedule includes shows in the following cities:
- San Diego, CA – January 13th & 14th
- Washington, DC – January 20th & 21st (I’ll be there!)
- Chicago, IL – February 10th & 11th
- San Francisco Bay Area – February 17th & 18th
- Los Angeles, CA – February 24th & 25th
- Philadelphia, PA – March 10th & 11th
- Dallas, TX – March 17th & 18th
- Denver, CO – March 24th & 25th
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVEL?
There’s so much to know about travel. If you have any questions you want the answers to, please share them in the Comments below ⇓
Be sure to check back next week. I’ll be sharing Travel Trends for 2018!