Traveling comes with many challenges. Losing your purse/wallet or having it stolen can be one of them.
However, you can protect yourself before you travel. Here’s how:
1 – DECIDE WHICH ITEMS YOU’LL NEED FOR YOUR TRIP, THEN SCAN EACH OF THEM.
- ID (driver’s license or state ID card) – scan the front and back
- Valid Passport with at least 1 year left before expiration (if traveling internationally) – scan the inside front page
- International Driver’s License (if traveling internationally and if you need one)
- Credit/Debit Cards – scan the front and back so you have the account numbers, expiration dates, and security codes
- Car Insurance Card
- Health Insurance Card
2 – MAKE THE SCANNED FILES ACCESSIBLE TO YOU ANYWHERE YOU’LL HAVE INTERNET ACCESS BY DOING 1 OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Sending copies of the files to yourself via Email
- Saving copies of the files to your Google Drive
- Saving copies of the files to your Evernote account (more secure than email)
- Uploading copies of the files to your Dropbox.com or Box.com (also more secure than email)
Should the unexpected happen, having copies of these documents will make it much easier to replace them.
You should also consider sending yourself the following:
- A document with all of your travel reservations (flights, lodging, and rental car) and confirmation numbers for each*
- Your Car Insurance Policy
- Your Health Insurance Policy
- Your Travel Insurance Policy (if you purchased one)
- Your Medical Records (blood type, medications you’re taking, any allergies, etc.)
* I always email a family member a copy of my travel itinerary so they have it in case of emergency
DO YOU HAVE A TRAVEL TIP YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE?Simply click here to submit your tip and it could be featured on an upcoming #TravelTipTuesday!