“We’ve become strangers to nature. One of the best ways to live longer, healthier lives is to re-wild ourselves by returning to nature whenever we can.”
– Daniel Vitalis from Hungry for Change
When I’m feeling out of sorts, I find that getting outside and getting some fresh air helps. In today’s hectic world, its more important than ever to get outside, unplug, and get back to nature.
Doing something physical usually clears my head. Whether it’s walking, hiking, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, or camping, a little bit of exercise goes a long way toward clearing my head, improving my mood, and helping me feel in balance again.
National parks are perfect places to get out and get active or to just sit back and reflect.
NATIONAL PARK WEEK 2019
For one week every April, the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation join together to celebrate the nearly 400 parks across the nation.
This year, National Park Week runs from Saturday, April 21st through Sunday, April 29th.
There are several events taking place:
- April 21st – Fee Free Day – Get into a park for FREE vs. paying admission (if the park usually charges admission)
- April 21st – National Junior Ranger Day –
- April 22nd – Earth Day – Do your part by picking up any plastic trash you see to prevent it from poisoning our oceans and land, injuring marine life, and affecting your health
- April 28th – Military & Veterans Recognition Day
- April 29th – National Park Rx Day – a day celebrated across the United States to promote the growing movement of prescribing parks and nature to patients to improve human health
DC/MD/VA NATIONAL PARKS
To inspire you, below are some images from a few of the national parks in DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
⏩Not in DC, Maryland or Virginia? No worries! You can find a national park in YOUR state here.
U.S. STATE PARKS
Although its National Park Week, don’t forget about the awesome state parks throughout the U.S.!
To find a state park in YOUR area, click here. </center>
TRAVEL LIKE THE PROS!
Want the same travel gear the pros won't leave home without? No problem!
Get a FREE copy of the complete list of gear mentioned in this post (PLUS links to each so you can purchase online).